Monday 2 July 2012

2012 NHL Draft WHL

2012 NHL Draft WHL

  In the 2012 NHL draft 32 players from the WHL were selected. 6 In the first round. A few major surprises in this whole ordeal for me watching it and I will go through them here. The top 4 picks were pretty much as I along with the others that I was watching the draft with suspected. I personally thought Reinhardt was ranked too high but when Bob McKenzie says someone is going 4th overall I usually have to go with what BMac says. Before the draft Yakupov was pretty much a lock to go first. I figured Murray would go second. Galenchuyk at 3rd due to the Montreal factor made sense. It is tough for me as the only viewing or opinions that I have of prospects outside of the WHL come from Youtube, TV, and hearing shit on the internet and we all know if it is on the internet it must be true.
  Ryan Murray going second overall was great for Columbus as many feel he will step in right away. With the fourth pick by the Islanders we knew it was happening. But I still think that there was much better talent out there than Reinhart with that pick. I watched Reinhart numerous times over the last 2 years and I watched Dumba numerous times. I would of taken Dumba. Reinhart is good but Dumba has more of an upside to him. Dumba I think will also mature into a better player. He reminds me a lot of Phaneuf at that same age.
  Morgan Reilly was hurt most of last year so I never seen him when he came into town. I believe Pouliot was taken too high. I still think Pittsburgh should of went and took Girigenko with that pick. Henrik Samuellson could prove to be a steal having daddy help you along the way doesn't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment